In compliance with the orders issued by the Administrative Council of Economic Defense of Brazil (“CADE”) and the Tribunal de Defensa de la Libre Competencia [Court at Law for Antitrust] of Chile (“TDLC”) , LATAM Airlines Group S.A. (hereinafter “LATAM”) hereby informs that it will exchange up to four slots for landing and four for takeoff at the Sao Paulo-Guarulhos Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport, located in the city of Guarulhos, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil (“GRU”). The exchange (“Exchange”) shall be in accordance with the requirements of the CADE in the Act of Concentration n°08012.009497/2010-84, and the TDLC in Resolution N°37/2011 (both, the “Resolutions”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, LATAM gives special notice of the following relevant issues that the Resolutions set forth in relation to the Exchange:
- LATAM shall only exchange slots in GRU with companies interested in operating non-stop flights on the Sao Paulo – Santiago – Sao Paulo route, and who do have not any corporate link or other agreement that will allow LATAM to influence them in any relevant way.
- The companies interested in the Exchange must apply in writing to LATAM, indicating their preference schedule.
- The slots that LATAM delivers in virtue of the Exchange may have a difference of no more than 30 minutes with the schedule indicated by the companies interested in their respective applications.
- The slots exchanged may only be used to operate the route Santiago – Sao Paulo – Santiago for non-stop flights.
- The Exchange cannot involve any remuneration or compensation in favor of LATAM.
For more information, please contact LATAM:
1This press release is without prejudice to others press releases or other requests for bids that LATAM must perform in concordance with the “Slot Exchange Procedure” approved by the TDLC. Copy of this procedure is available at www.hzyszc.com.